original movie poster, The Sound of Music, 1965
Fair use in The Sound of Music (film) Edit
Though this image is subject to copyright, its use is covered by the U.S. fair use laws because:
- It's a low resolution copy of a Film Poster / VHS or DVD Cover.
- It doesn't limit the copyright owner's rights to sell the film in any way. In fact, it may encourage sales.
- Because of the low resolution, copies could not be used to make illegal copies of the artwork/image.
- The image is itself a subject of discussion in the article or used in the infobox thereof.
- The image is significant because it was used to promote a notable film.
- Derived from a digital capture (photo/scan) of the Film Poster/ VHS or DVD Cover (creator of this digital version is irrelevant as the copyright in all equivalent images is still held by the same party). Copyright held by the film company or the artist. Claimed as fair use regardless.
Appears on these pages
The Sound of Music is a 1965 American musical film directed and produced by Robert Wise and...
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||03:48, December 11, 2013||250 × 345 (43 KB)||FanOfCountry||original movie poster, The Sound of Music, 1965 ==Source== www.oscar.com == Fair use in The Sound of Music (film) == Though this image is subject to copyright, its use is covered by the U.S. fair use laws because: # It's a low resolution copy of ...|